[Introspective] Final results of poll on imaginary non-singles "Best of PSB" collection

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Aug 12 21:41:58 PDT 2017

The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks (the most
popular one I've run in more than four years!), in which I asked my site
visitors to choose the 18 non-singles that they would include on an
imaginary "Best of Pet Shop Boys" release. And the songs that received
the most votes per album were:

  * "Two Divided by Zero"from/Please/
  * "King's Cross"from/Actually/
  * "I'm Not Scared"from/Introspective/
  * "This Must Be the Place I Waited Years to Leave"from/Behaviour/
  * "Dreaming of the Queen"from/Very/
  * "In the Night"from/Alternative/(Disc 1)
  * "Shameless"from/Alternative/(Disc 2)
  * "It Always Comes as a Surprise"from/Bilingual/
  * "Closer to Heaven"from/Nightlife/
  * "Here"from/Release/
  * "Positive Role Model"from/Disco 3/
  * "Fugitive"from/Fundamental/
  * "The Way It Used to Be"from/Yes/
  * "Delusions of Grandeur"from/Format/(Disc 1)
  * "After the Event"from/Format/(Disc 2)
  * "A Face Like That"from/Elysium/
  * "Fluorescent"from/Electric/
  * "Burn"from/Super/

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on my
"What's New?" page.

It's not unusual for fans to discuss and debate the early singles
choices from albums, but what about the final singles? So I've listed
the final single from each Pet Shop Boys studio album and ask that for
each you choose from four statements the one with which you most
strongly agree. Do you think it was a good choice for the final single?
Do you think it should have been an earlier single rather than the last?
Do you think it shouldn't have been released as a single at all? Or do
you not agree with/*any*/of the statements? So please take a few moments
to make your choices right there on my home page.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in my previous survey! And
I hope you all have two wonderful weeks ahead!