[Introspective] Final results of poll on PSB recording in a different musical style

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Mar 12 22:07:41 PST 2016

site visitors whether they would like for the Pet Shop Boys to release at
some point an entire album (or at least most of one) devoted to a particular
musical style that they haven't paid much attention to thus far in their
career -- and, if so, which alternate style they would most prefer. It's not
often that the top choice in my polls earns not merely a plurality of the
votes but a clear majority, but that's what the outcome was this time
around! And that top choice was:

* "No, I would not like for them to put out an album in *any* of these
styles," picked by 58.2% of the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Pasts Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on
my "What's New?" page.

As we wait for some new PSB music to be released later this week (the single
of "The Pop Kids," including remixes and two new bonus songs), my new poll
for the week ahead instead looks to the past and asks which of various Pet
Shop Boys shows you most regret having missed "live." Or, to put it another
way, if you could go back into the past to see any live PSB show that you
didn't get to see, which one would it be? Thanks so much to Daniel
Dannypannic for proposing a poll question quite similar to this, although
I've decided to deviate a bit from his original suggestion. (I hope you
don't mind, Daniel!)

Thanks also to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all
have a wonderful week ahead!