[Introspective] Final results of poll on PSB single that might have been the biggest 1970s hit

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Sep 19 22:06:51 PDT 2015

The final results are in of my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors which PSB-composed single they believe would have stood the
best chance of being the biggest hit during the mid- and late 1970s, during
the height of the "Disco Era." And the song that received (by an
overwhelming margin) the most votes was:

* "New York City Boy," selected by 36.8% of the voters (which may not seem
like that much until you note that the song that came in second place was
picked by less than 6%).

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on
my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead is perhaps an unusually simple one, at least
at first glance. As you probably know, the Pet Shop Boys left their longtime
record label EMI shortly before the 2013 release of their most recent album,
Electric, which they instead released on their own new record label, X2
(pronounced "Times Two"). Since then they've also released several
additional items on X2, namely the singles from that album. So I'm wondering
how you feel thus far about their "release strategy" -- that is, what and
how much has been released on X2 to date. I'm using the familiar
"satisfaction scale" that you've almost certainly encountered elsewhere from
time to time, ranging from "very satisfied" to "very dissatisfied." Thanks
to Dave F for suggesting this question!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you
all prove to be *very* satisfied with the week ahead!