[Introspective] Final results of poll on artists most musically similar to PSB

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Sep 5 22:03:44 PDT 2015

This week's survey returns to my objective of late to offer more polls with
fewer choices, in this case asking a question that may strike some of you as
shocking coming from a die-hard PSB fan like me. I'm wondering whether you
have ever felt—and possibly even still feel—that the Pet Shop Boys have at
some point in their career "jumped the shark." (For those of you who may not
be familiar with this particular pop-culture idiom, which has been around
now for a couple of decades, I provide a sThe final results are in for my
poll this past week, in which I asked my site visitors to select the three
artists that are, in their opinion, the most musically or stylistically
similar to the Pet Shop Boys. And the three artists that received the most
votes were:

* New Order, chosen by 41.5% of the voters,
* Erasure, picked by 38.5%, and
* OMD (Orchestral Maneouvres in the Dark), selected by 21.5%.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on
my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead may seem a little shocking coming from a
die-hard PSB fan and visited almost exclusively by fellow dedicated
Petheads, but here goes: Have you ever felt that the Pet Shop Boys had
"jumped the shark"? Now, for those of you (probably not many) who may be
unfamiliar with that term, I provide a handy explanation right there on my
home page as part of the poll. At any rate, please mull this over and make
the appropriate choice from the options provided. (It's a little more than
merely "Yes" and "No.")

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
hope you all have a marvelous week ahead (as well as a happy and safe Labor
Day to those of you who observe that holiday on Monday).