[Introspective] Final results of poll on PSB streaming their next album

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Nov 28 22:07:55 PST 2015

site visitors whether the Pet Shop Boys should allow their next album to be
"streamed" and, if so, when. And the choice that received the most votes
was:

* "Yes, they should make it available on streaming services, but not until a
month or so after its release (since releasing in that way sooner may hurt
physical and digital sales)," picked by 20.8% of the voters.

But it would be remiss of me not to point out that the second- and
third-place choices were both "stream on the day of release" options,
differing only in the rationale for streaming on the day of release.
Together (20.5% and 17.7%) they totaled 38.2%, thereby showing that a
plurality of the voters actually believe the Boys should stream the album on
the day of release.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar, or click the appropriate link on
my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead lists the Pet Shop Boys' six biggest hit
singles (at least as determined by U.K. peak chart position, these being the
six that reached either #1 or #2) and asks you to rank them according to
your own fondness for them. That is, I'm asking you to designate your
personal favorite as #1, your second-favorite as #2, and so on, down to your
least favorite as #6.

Now, as I often -- yes, very often -- have to remind people when faced with
such decisions, naming a song as your "least favorite" does *not*
necessarily mean you don't like it. It merely means you don't like it as
much as the others. I, for one, love all six of the songs under
consideration of this poll, but I nevertheless have no problem designating
one of them as my *least* favorite, the one I love less than all the others.
So please take a few moments to make your own choices right there on my home
page.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
hope you all have a marvelous week ahead!