[Introspective] Final results of poll on the personalities of the Pet Shop Boys

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Jan 24 22:09:34 PST 2015

site visitors about their perception of the similarities of the
personalities of the Pet Shop Boys, including its relationship to their
success. And the response that received the most votes was:

* "I believe Chris and Neil have very similar personalities in some ways,
but very different in others, which makes for a good mix," chosen by a
whopping 48.8% of the voters (more than twice as many as the runner-up, and
nearly as many as all the other options combined).

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and chose one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on
my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead is based on the fact that Chris and Neil have
long noted that they had written "What Have I Done to Deserve This?" early
enough for it to have appeared on their debut album, "Please." But they were
unable to arrange for their first choice of duet partner, Dusty Springfield,
to record it with them at that very early phase of their career, so they put
it off until their next studio album, "Actually." However, what if they
somehow had been able to include "What Have I Done to Deserve This?"
(complete with Ms. Springfield) on their first album? Assuming they would
then have had to do without one of the songs that eventually wound up on
"Please" to make room for it, which track do you think they should have
eliminated? And no, I'm not allowing "Opportunities (Reprise)" or "None of
the above" as choices. Those would make it *too* easy. So please take a
moment to make your choice right there on my home page. And thanks so much
to "BugBoy" of the Pet Shop Boys Community Forum for suggesting this
question!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I hope you all
have a wonderful week ahead!