[Introspective] Final results of poll on topics for future PSB songs

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Feb 7 22:08:02 PST 2015

site visitors which three topics or concerns they would most like the Pet
Shop Boys to address in future songs. And the topics that received the most
votes were:

* Their own personal lives, chosen by 35.9% of the voters
* History / historical persons or events, picked by 27.0% (to be honest,
this one really surprised me!), and
* LGBT rights /issues, selected by 18.9%.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on
my "What's New?" page.

Seeing as how next Saturday is Valentine's Day, my new poll for the week
ahead is love-themed. But less than two years ago I asked voters to select
what they consider to be the greatest PSB love song. ("It Always Comes As a
Surprise" ended up on top.) It was too soon to ask that same question again,
so I'm taking a different approach this time, as suggested by site visitor
Andreas Becker (Andy B). He recommended that I ask you to pick your favorite
PSB song that actually contains the words "I love you" or "I'm in love with
you" (or very close to it). We've come up with what we hope is a
comprehensive list for you to choose from. So please take a few moments to
make your choice right there on my home page. And thanks so much to Andreas
for this terrific question!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I hope you have
a very lovely and/or loving week ahead!