[Introspective] Final results of poll on preferred role in the "PSB crew"

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Aug 29 22:08:41 PDT 2015

site visitors to choose their hypothetical "preferred role" (such as backup
musician/singer, engineer/mixer, dancer, etc.) if they could be part of the
"Pet Shop Boys crew." And the option chosen by the largest number of voters
was:

* "None of them (I don't believe I could and/or would like to fill any
substantive role of this nature for PSB)," picked by 20.7% of the voters.

Of the roles that other voters did say that would most like to fill, the
most popular one was that of backup musician or vocalist, chosen by 13.4%.
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on
my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead lists a number of artists (some still active
but others now defunct) and asks you to choose up to three that, in your
opinion, are the most musically or stylistically similar to the Pet Shop
Boys. And since, of course, I can't possibly list ALL of the possible
candidates (I've listed only 30, which is a pretty good number, in my
opinion), I've provided the usual "Some other not listed here" option as
well. So please check out the list there on my home page, mull the question
over, and make your choices when you're ready. And thanks so much to Jan
Bayer for suggesting this intriguing question.

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you
all have a superb week ahead!