[Introspective] Final results of poll on PSB performing in Dubai

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 26 22:06:33 PDT 2014

site visitors how they feel about the Pet Shop Boys being scheduled to
perform in Dubai on May 9 despite that nation's repressive policies toward
LGBT persons. And the response that received the most votes was:

* "I think it's OK. After all, why should their fans in the region be denied
a chance to see them 'live' just because of their government's policies?"
chosen by 33.8% of the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or the appropriate link on my
"What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead concerns the notion of a "concept album": an
album with a unifying theme or concept. Concept albums have long been a
staple of pop music, and the Pet Shop Boys have done some themselves. So I'm
wondering which, in your opinion, of the Pet Shop Boys' twelve studio albums
is the best concept album in terms of *being* a "concept album"? That is,
not necessarily the album that's the best overall, but the one that does the
best job of conveying and maintaining a unifying theme or concept. Please
mull this over and, when you're ready, make your choice right there on my
home page. And thanks so much to Matthew from London for suggesting this
question!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you
all enjoy not only the concept but, more importantly, the actuality of a
great week ahead!

Wayne
http://www.petshopboys.co.uk