[Introspective] Electric!

Jonathan joda at panix.com
Fri Mar 15 07:02:27 PDT 2013

I thought the mailing lists would be buzzing with the news at
petshopboys.co.uk!  I know I'm buzzing!

My thoughts:

1. The teaser video!

2. So glad the album is "Electric" rather than "Ecstatic".  The tour
name had me hopeful.  "Electric" makes an el-egant pair with "Elysium".
I guess these songs came from the same writing sessions and I'm
hoping/feeling that it's meant to be the party-side companion to
/Elysium/.  It looks like the sans serif font is being shared, at
least.  It will be interesting to see if they carry the album art
concept across somehow.  I hope so.

3. So many YouTube commenters are so dismissive of the beautiful
/Elysium/. I don't get it.  Does life have to be a rave every minute of
the day?  :-)

4. Orchestral Manoeuveres In The Dark release /English Electric/ in
April.  I wonder which band was more annoyed at the arrival of the
other's press release.  I think it's a fun coincidence, though. The OMD
record sounds like it will please classic synthpop fans.

5. How do we make June get here faster?

-Jonathan