[Introspective] Final results of poll on buying the "Vocal" download

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 22 22:11:54 PDT 2013

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site vistors whether they had bought the digital download of the new Pet
Shop Boys single "Vocal" yet and, if not, why not. And, perhaps not
surprisingly, the response that received the most votes was:

* "Yes, I have bought it," selected by 40.3% of the voters.

To see the complete results -- including the reason chosen by the plurality
of voters who have *not* yet bought the download -- please visit my
"Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Past
Survey Results" button in the navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead may prove considerably more controversial
than usual. As you probably know, Neil and Chris are scheduled to perform
their Electric Tour show in Tel Aviv, Israel, this very evening (Sunday,
June 23). But they had been lobbied by activists to cancel the show in
protest of Israel's policies with regard to Palestinians. The Boys refused
to do so, with Neil succinctly explaining why on their website. So I've made
this the subject of my poll: how, in general (in terms of agree/disagree),
do you feel about the request that the Boys cancel the Tel Aviv show, their
refusal to do so, and Neil's stated explanation for their decision to go
ahead with it? Thanks to Mark B for suggesting this question -- although I
was already seriously thinking about doing so even before I received his
email. In fact, I started ruminating on it as soon as I first read about all
this on the PSB website a day or two beforehand. Still, Mark gave me a good,
strong nudge toward actually running this poll, and for that I'm grateful.

And I'm also grateful to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I wish
you all a delightful week ahead!