[Introspective] Winner in context

Derek BD derekbd1970 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 13:50:53 PDT 2012

I hadn't really thought it out until you asked but once I did I realized
*my* reason for saying that Winner works in the context of the album it is
quite simple.

Elysium starts with a mid-tempo chillin' groove and then proceeds to the
hauntingly beautiful but very slow and sombre Invisible. One might think
PSB has abandoned all hope of a happy tune. *Suddenly* there's this bright
poppy uplifting optimistic track to let the listener know that all is well
in the world. :)

cheers,
derekbd

BTW I am almost done with the entries at lyricwiki for the album. Please
look at http://lyrics.wikia.com/Pet_Shop_Boys:Elysium_(2012) when you have
a chance and let me know of any errors or omissions that you discover. I
hope to have 'Everything means something' done tonight.

When singing along to Invisible I can't help but sing the words
Whatever I have said and done
Doesn't matter in this *rattle* and hum