[Introspective] Final results of poll on questions you'd like PSB to answer

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat May 12 21:50:45 PDT 2012

site visitors to choose their three favorites from among twenty questions
that I had selected from among more than 150 that had been submitted to me
the week before as questions they would love for the Pet Shop Boys to
answer. And the three questions that came out on top in the voting were:

* "What do you believe is the single biggest mistake you've made in your
professional career in music?" picked by 31.8% of the voters,

* "Of which single piece of music that you've written are you most proud?"
chosen by 28.2%, and

* "Neil, given your writing talents and your fabulously interesting life,
would you ever seriously consider writing an autobiography? If not, why
not?" selected by 21.8%.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click "Past Survey Results" from the
navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead shifts focus to an often overlooked member of
the larger "PSB team," so to speak: their talent/business manager -- or,
more accurately, their managers, plural. (Wikipedia describes the role of a
band's or artist's manager as "to oversee the day-to-day business affairs of
an artist" and to "advise and counsel talent concerning professional
matters, long-term plans, and personal decisions which may affect their
career.") So far Boys have had five managers. My question, then, is this:
under which of their managers do you think the best decisions have been made
with regard to the Pet Shop Boys' own career? So please take a moment to
mull this over and, when you're ready, make your choice right there on my
home page. And thanks so much to John McFadden both for suggesting this
question and for providing me with the list of managers and their respective
tenures (thereby saving me the time and effort to do the associated research
myself).

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in this past week's survey! And I hope
you all have a fabulous week ahead!