[Introspective] Final results of poll on an "American flavor" for next PSB album

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 17 22:14:01 PDT 2012

site visitors how likely they think it is that, all things considered, the
Pet Shop Boys' next studio album will have a strong "American flavor." And
the choice that received the most votes was:

* "Possibly, but not very likely," picked by 42.4% of the voters.

button in the navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead takes its cue from the Boys' "PopArt"
compilation, in which they categorized each track as either "pop" or "art."
I'm asking the same of the PSB studio albums. Which ones would you classify
as "pop" and which as "art"? Now, if you're anything like me, you're
inclined to say that they're *all* *both*: they're pop art! But, for the
purposes of this poll, that's not allowed. If you wish to take part (and I
certainly hope you do!), you have to choose one or the other. So please mull
it over, take a deep breath, and place your votes for each album, all the
while reminding yourself, "It's only a game." Thanks to Ali Rodriguez for
suggesting this question quite a long time ago. My apologies for the long
delay, Ali, but my backlog of questions is *huge*.

And thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I hope you all have
a wonderful week ahead!