[Introspective] Final results of poll on whether you've bought or will buy "Listening"

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 2 22:16:28 PDT 2012

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors whether they have bought or are planning to buy the Pet Shop
Boys-penned track "Listening" by Morten Harket. And the response that
received the largest number of votes was:

* "No," chosen by 46.5% of the voters.

button in the navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead may seem somewhat whimsical, but it's
inspired by a rather momentous event. This weekend and during the week ahead
the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth of Nations (formerly the British
Commonwealth) are celebrating Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee -- the
60th anniversary of her ascension to the throne. So it seems fitting to ask
whether you observed this occasion in "Pet Shop Boys style" by making it a
point to listen to their song "Dreaming of the Queen"? Please take a moment
to make your choice from the options provided right there on my home page.
And thanks so much to the site visitor who suggested this delightful
question, but who wishes to remain anonymous.

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you
all have a week well worth celebrating -- for *whatever* reason!