[Introspective] Final results of poll on most pleasantly surprising "Format" track

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 28 22:14:40 PDT 2012

site visitors which track (if any) on the Pet Shop Boys' recent "Format"
collection proved the most pleasant surprise to them. And it's a good thing
that I included that "(if any)" qualifier since the top vote-getter was:

* "I can't say that ANY of the tracks proved a pleasant surprise to me,"
chosen by 27.2% of the voters.

This result was almost certainly because a very large number of the voters
were already familiar with all of the tracks, thereby limiting their ability
to be "surprised" by them. But the *song* that received the most votes as
having been the "most pleasant surprise" was:

* "After the Event," picked by 9.5% of the voters.

button in the navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is the first part of a VERY unusual
two-parter. I'm asking you that, if you could ask Chris and/or Neil any
question whatsoever -- and if they promised to answer with the truth, the
whole truth, and nothing but the truth -- what question you would then ask
them? This week I will collect your ANONYMOUS question submissions. I will
then select between ten and twenty of them as my favorites, and then next
week, in "Part Two," I'll let everyone vote for their own favorite from
among the ones that I chose.

Now, you can submit more than one question if you wish. But I will not
*knowingly* choose more than one question submitted by any one person. If
you do somehow identify yourself in your question submissions, that will
guarantee that I'll choose no more than one that you submitted (and, of
course, perhaps not even one if it's not among my favorites). So it's
definitely best for you to maintain your anonymity when submitting your
questions to me.

At any rate, please take some time to mull this over and, when you're ready,
submit your question(s) right there on my home page.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
hope you all have a terrific week ahead!