[Introspective] Final results of poll on extended periods of PSB silence

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 24 22:14:52 PDT 2011

site visitors how they feel about extended periods of silence from the Pet
Shop Boys, such as the one that recently ended on their official website.
And the response that received the largest number of votes was:

* "I'm fine with it. They deserve some time off after being so busy with
their ballet and summer tour," selected by more than half -- 53.2%, to be
precise -- of the voters.

button in the left navigation bar.

My new survey for the week ahead concerns prospects for the Pet Shop Boys'
next studio album. I'm asking you to quantify something that wouldn't
ordinarily be quantified, but here goes: about what percentage of the next
album would you like to be stylistically "new and different" for them --
perhaps even "experimental" -- as opposed to being in their "typical"
style(s) or the "tried and true." (I'll leave it up to you to decide for
yourself what those terms in quotation marks mean to you from your own
perspective.) For instance, if you would like it all to be totally "new" in
style, then pick 100%. If you would like for it to be about half "new" but
half more "typical," then pick 50%. And if you don't want any of it to be
stylistically "new" at all, then choose 0%. And so on. So please mull this
over and, when you're ready, make your choice from the options provided
there on my home page.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope
each and every one of you has a 100% great week ahead!