[Introspective] Final results of poll on favorite PSB mashup

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 5 22:12:33 PDT 2011

site visitors to pick their favorite mashup of a Pet Shop Boys song with the
music of one or more other artists. And, as it turns out, there was a tie
for the top response:

* "I can't or won't choose," *and*
* "PSB vs. Britney Spears, Adele, Rihanna, + 3, 'The Power of Rolling Along
(Till the World Ends)'," each of which were selected by 22.0% of the voters.

button in the navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is inspired by the recent phenomenon of
record companies re-releasing a "classic" album in a high-priced "deluxe"
expanded format, generally consisting of several discs (four, five, or even
six or more) with a plethora of previously unreleased material, including
alternate takes or mixes of its songs, completely "new" songs recorded
during the same sessions, b-sides, live recordings, and the like, along with
special artwork and reading material. So I'm wondering which of the Pet Shop
Boys' own "classic era" studio albums-from "Please" through "Very"-you would
most like to be re-released in this format. Or would you prefer that *none*
of their albums receive this treatment? Thanks to Martijn for suggesting
this question!

And thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I wish you all a
superb week ahead!