[Introspective] Final results of poll on how often you visit PSB sites

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 19 22:09:33 PDT 2011

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors about how often, on the average, they visit (1) my website,
(2) the official Pet Shop Boys' website, and (3) other PSB-related sites.
And the top responses in each category were:

* For my website, "About once per week," picked by 36.2% of the voters.

* For the official website (surprisingly), "Rarely -- less than once per
month," chosen by 18.7% of the voters.

* For other PSB websites (also surprisingly), "Rarely -- less than once per
month," selected by 44.3% of the voters.

Please keep in mind that this survey was inherently skewed in favor of my
website by virtue of the fact that it took place there. So these results
should *not* be interpreted to mean that my website is more popular than the
official PSB website, this website, or any other.

If you would like to see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary"
site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Past Survey
Results" button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is a special one in recognition of the fact
that it's my 500th PSB survey! It may prove a little challenging, but I hope
you'll also find it fun. I'm wondering what's you own "personal recipe" for
being a Pet Shop Boys fan? To put it another way, how much do various
factors contribute to your being a fan? Is it 100% their songwriting skills?
Is it evenly divided (25% each) between their recordings, their music
videos, their live performances, and their sense of style? Is it a lot more
complex than that? In short, I'm giving you a chance to provide a percentage
breakdown of what you consider to be the "ingredients" of your PSB fandom. I
hope you'll take part and enjoy this little "aesthetic exercise" right there
on my home page.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
hope you all enjoy a foolproof recipe for a wonderful week ahead! ;-)