[Introspective] Poll ends soon on "true PSB fan" -- and website safe now!

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 3 21:04:57 PST 2011

Hey there! The great news is that my website is now completely safe again, thanks to the tremendous assistance of the support staff of my hosting service, Earthlink. With their help, I was able to cleanse my website of the malware that had infected it for at least 24 and perhaps as much as 48 hours earlier this week. I've also removed the guilty malware from my computer, so it shouldn't be able to reinfect my website or anyone else.

In the meantime, I encourage anyone who visited my website this past Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday to run a thorough virus- and spyware-scan on their computer. You may not have been infected -- but, then again, maybe you were. Again, I assure you that my website is completely safe *now*, but unfortunately that wasn't the case a couple days ago. I do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or problems this may have caused.

That being said, this is to remind you that tomorrow (Saturday) is the last full day of my current Pet Shop Boys survey, which asks whether you feel that someone can choose *not* to buy "The Most Incredible Thing" and still be a "true" PSB fan. If you haven't voted yet, please take a moment to visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and make your choice from the options provided right there on the home page.

On Sunday I will end this poll, post the final results, and launch a new survey for the week ahead.

Thanks to everyone who has already voted! And I hope you all have a wonderful -- and completely virus-free -- weekend!