[Introspective] Final results of poll on responsibilities for PSB success

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 4 22:17:12 PDT 2011

site visitors the degree (in terms of percentage) to which, in their
opinions, each of the Pet Shop Boys, as well as other people or factors,
have respectively contributed to their success. Because of the nature of
this unusual survey, I can express the final results in several different
ways. For one thing, the single most common set of figures was:

* 50% Chris, 50% Neil, and 0% "Other," submitted by 18.8% of the voters.

In terms of the relative responsibilities of Chris and Neil, the clear
majority outcome was:

* Chris and Neil have equal responsibility, as indicated by 59.6% of the
voters.

Finally, there's the average of the figures submitted by voters. Although a
majority of voters felt that the Boys have equal responsibility, the
minority who didn't feel that way were able to tilt the averages in Neil's
favor: 45.3% was the "average responsibility" for Neil, compared to 41.9%
for Chris and 12.7% for "Other."

To see more complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Past Survey Results" in
the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is quite a bit simpler. Recently I read
online the suggestion that, since Chris and Neil have composed a stage
musical, a film score, and a ballet, they now ought to turn their attention
to writing a full-scale, through-sung opera. So I'm wondering how *you* feel
about whether they should compose an opera. So please take a moment to
register your opinion about this, choosing from various options the one that
comes closest to expressing how you feel, right there on my home page.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope
you all have a superb week ahead!