[Introspective] Final results of poll on covers preferred to PSB versions

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 9 22:11:19 PDT 2011

site visitors whether there are any covers by other artists of songs written
by the Pet Shop Boys that they like more than the Boys' own versions -- a
simple Yes/No question. And the response that received (by far) the most
votes was:

* "No," picked by 73.9% of the voters.

To see the complete results (including a short list of songs that a few of
those who voted "Yes" had specifically cited as being better by other
artists than by PSB), please visit my "Commentary" site at
button in the left navigation bar.

As promised, my new poll for the week ahead deals with the recent news that
the Pet Shop Boys would appear as "special guests" on the upcoming Take That
reunion tour of the U.K., Ireland, and continental Europe. Not surprisingly,
I'm wondering how you feel about this. I've listed several possible
opinions, and I'm wondering which one comes closest to expressing how you
feel. So please take a few moments to look at the statements presented right
there on my home page and make your choice.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope
you all have a terrific week ahead!