[Introspective] Final results of poll on what you'd use to introduce PSB to someone

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 4 22:11:16 PDT 2010

site visitors which one thing -- if they could indeed choose only one
thing -- they would use to introduce the Pet Shop Boys to someone who was
completely unfamiliar with them. And the item that received the largest
number of votes was:

* "PopArt" (the album as opposed to the DVD), chosen 32.7% of the voters.

This, by the way, was more than *three* times as many votes as the
second-place choice. To see the complete results, please visit my
"Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Past
Survey Results" button in the left navigation bar.

My new survey for the week ahead  is inspired by comments that I've read
through the years from fans who don't seem to care much for the Boy's
sporadic attempts to try new and different things, whether it's writing an
original stage musical, scoring an old silent film, recording a "rock
ballads album," composing a ballet., or doing anything else that they've
never done before. I'm wondering just how strong and widespread these
feelings are. In general, do you like it when the Pet Shop Boys try new
things? Please take a moment to consider this and, when you're ready, make
your choice from the options provided right there on my home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have
a marvelous week ahead!