[Introspective] Final results of poll on artists "introduced" to you by PSB

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 27 22:12:07 PST 2010

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors which artists who have collaborated with the Pet Shop Boys
were "introduced" to you through those collaborations to the extent that you
then sought out other music by them to listen to. And the artist that
received the largest number of votes was:

* Electronic, picked by 43.4% of the voters.

Other artists who ended up ranking especially high were Dusty Springfield,
Liza Minnelli, Rufus Wainwright, and Cicero. To see the complete results,
please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and
click the "Past Survey Results" button in the left navigation bar.

I was seriously considering a follow-up poll this week, asking the same
question about the Pet Shop Boys' various producers through the year, but
I've decided to hold off on that question for at least another week or two.
Instead, my new poll for the week ahead is a continuation of my "Music Video
Rating Project," asking you to rate the two most recent PSB music videos
(for "All Over the World" and "Together") on a scale of 1 to 5 as to how
they compare with other PSB music videos (not to other artists' videos),
with 1 being "one of their worst music videos ever," 3 being "an average PSB
music video," and 5 being "one of their best music videos ever." If you
haven't seen these videos yet, I provide handy links to them right there on
my home page. So please, when you have a chance, pay a quick visit to my
site and make your choices.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
hope you all have a delightful week ahead!