[Introspective] Final results of poll on favorite cover produced by PSB

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 25 22:15:01 PST 2010

site visitors to pick their favorite cover version of a non-PSB song
produced by the Pet Shop Boys for another artist. And the track that
received the largest number of votes was:

* "Losing My Mind" by Liza Minnelli, with 33.4% of the total vote.

button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is slightly unusual in that it focuses on a
single older song: "One and One Make Five." I've long been struck by the
fact that so many of my fellow PSB fans don't seem to like it. For instance,
in my "Rating Project," in which I've asked my site visitors to rate tracks
written and/or recorded by the Boys, it ranks way down at #208 with an
average rating of only 5.761, well below average. And it's not at all
unusual to see disparaging comments about it on various online forums. Yet,
while it's hardly one of my favorite PSB tracks, I don't dislike it one bit.
In fact, I'm personally rather fond of it, as I am of every other track on
"Very." So, to close out the year, I'm asking a question that I've long
pondered: just what is it about "One and One Make Five" that makes it such a
relatively unpopular PSB track? Please take a few moments to make your
choice from the options provided right there on my home page.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope
you all have a terrific week ahead and a very happy holiday season!