[Introspective] Final results of poll on PSB album special edition bonus discs

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 19 22:15:03 PDT 2009

site visitors to choose what they consider the best bonus disc to accompany
a Pet Shop Boys album "special edition." And the choice that received the
most votes was:

* "Yes etc.," the bonus CD that accompanied the original 2009 special
edition of "Yes," with 17.1% of the votes.

Because, however, I had disqualified "Relentless" (the bonus disc with the
special edition of "Very") from consideration, I asked a "bonus question" --
whether voters would have picked "Relentless" if it had been offered among
the choices. As I suspected, a large number of voters -- more than had voted
for any other choice -- said that, yes, they would have picked "Relentless":
35.6%, to be precise. But that's only a plurality, not the majority that I
had expected. So, in retrospect, I somewhat regret having not included
"Relentless" among the choices. Live and learn. At any rate, to see the
complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is a biggie, although at first glance it may
seem like a rerun. In the past I've asked my site visitors to rate each PSB
album. At other times I've asked them to pick their favorite album and even
their least favorite album. But this week I'm asking you to *rank* -- not
rate -- each of their studio albums from #1 to #10, with #1 being your
favorite and #10 being your least favorite. Since this is a ranking, not a
rating, I'm not allowing duplicate rankings or "ties." If you take part in
this poll, I'm afraid you'll have to choose a different ranking for each
one. But I'm sure you're up to the task. ;-) Unusually, the poll itself
isn't on my home page because of the many lines of background code involved
in creating this particular survey. But a link to the poll is right there on
my home page. So please mull it over and, when you're ready, visit my
website and make your choices. And thanks to Riikka for suggesting this
poll!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I hope you'll
all have a top-ranked week ahead!