[Introspective] Final results of poll on best-produced PSB studio album

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 12 22:17:02 PDT 2009

site visitors to choose what they consider to be the "best-produced" Pet
Shop Boys studio album -- that is, the one that has the highest "production
values," or perhaps even just *sounds* the best. It was a tight race right
to the end, but ultimately the album that received the most votes was:

* "Behaviour," chosen by 21.9% of the voters.

As it turns out, "Fundamental" led for most of the week, although
"Behaviour" always remained very close behind. And in the final 36 hours or
so, the older album pulled into a narrow lead and held on. To see the
complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Past Survey Results" in
the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is based on the fact that the Boys have often
released "special editions" of their albums with bonus discs. So this week
I'm wondering which of those special-edition bonus discs is, in your
opinion, the best. And just to keep things interesting, I'm disqualifying
the *very* special "Relentless" from the running for reasons that I explain
on my website. But I'm also allowing you to indicate whether you would have
picked it if you could. Does that make sense? Check it out and you'll see.
So please take a moment to make your choice right there on my home page. And
thanks so much to Dan Newton for suggesting this question quite some time
ago!

Thanks also to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all
have an excellent "special edition" week ahead of your own!