[Introspective] Final results of poll on opinions of the Pandemonium Tour setlist

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 5 22:21:04 PDT 2009

site visitors their opinions about the setlist of the Pet Shop Boys current
Pandemonium Tour. And the choices that received the most votes were:

Regarding an overall assessment of the setlist:

* "Aside from a few selections, it's excellent!" chosen by 54.5% of the
voters.

About the medleys and mashups:

* "I love the medleys and mashups!" chosen by 62.6%.

Big hits vs. more obscure material:

* "The balance of hits vs. more obscure songs is perfect!" picked by 54.5%

Newer material vs. older material:

* "The balance of newer vs. older songs is perfect!" chosen by 64.7%

And uptempo songs vs. ballads:

* "The balance of uptempo songs and ballads is perfect!" selected by 68.9%

It seems that most of us aren't too hard to please -- or at least that the
Boys know how to please us. Then again, I guess that's why we're fans. ;-)
If you'd like to see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site
at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Past Survey Results"
button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead asks what you consider the be the "best
produced" PSB studio album. This isn't necessarily your *favorite" album or
the one that contains what you regard as the best selection of songs.
Rather, it's the one that you think displays the best production values --
or, to put it one way, the one that "sounds" the best, although there's more
to it than just that. (For those who aren't too sure about it, I've
attempted a brief explanation of the role of the producer on my "What's
New?" page.) So please mull this over and then, when you're ready, make your
choice right there on my home page. And thanks to Christopher Horst for
suggesting this question!

Thanks as well to all of you who voted in last week's survey! I hope you
have a very "well produced" week ahead! ;-)