[Introspective] Final results of poll on PSB inspiring illegal acts

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 24 22:12:10 PDT 2009

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors whether they have ever been inspired by the Pet Shop Boys
and/or their music to break the law. And the response that received the most
votes was:

* "No, I've never been inspired to break the law by the Pet Shop Boys and/or
their music," selected by 58.8% of the voters.

To see the complete results -- including the breakdown of "illegal acts" by
those who voted the *other* way -- please visit my "Commentary" site at
button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is considerably more conventional. Back in
the days when vinyl ruled, it wasn't unusual for fans to discuss whether
which side of an album was the better -- Side 1 or Side 2? So I'm asking
that same question about each PSB studio album. Which is the better side of
"Please"? Of "Actually?" Of "Introspective"? And so on. Since each PSB
studio album has indeed been released in vinyl format, even in the CD age,
there's no problem breaking it down. So please mull this over and, when
you're ready, make your choices right there on my home page. And thanks to
Mark R.Y. for inspiring this question. It's not the one that he originally
proposed, but I took his idea and moved in a somewhat different direction
with it. I hope you don't mind, Mark. ;-)

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope
you all have a marvelous week ahead!