[Introspective] Anyone else loving new My Robot Friend?

Jonathan joda at panix.com
Sat Oct 24 18:51:37 PDT 2009

Is anyone else loving the new My Robot Friend album like I am?  It came out a week or two ago; I ordered it from his website.  (According to his newsletter, it's on iTunes in a lot of countries, too.)  It's such a nice (mostly) electro album!  Lovely vocal things, lovely synthy things, exciting sequencer things, nice guitar things.  No less than Dean Wareham of Galaxie 500 and Luna plays on two songs, and ALISON MOYET sings another!

The prettiest songs are "By your side", "Astronaut", "Mean", "Sleepwalkers", if you want to sample them.

Don't forget, this is the guy who wrote "We're the Pet Shop Boys" (to my eternal gratitude)..

-Jonathan