[Introspective] Final results of poll comparing "Yes" to "Very, " track-by-track

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat May 23 22:18:42 PDT 2009

site visitors to take part in a track-by-track comparison of the Pet Shop
Boys' albums "Very" and "Yes," choosing their favorite song from each
pairing.

* In the final outcome, seven "Very" tracks got more votes than their
counterparts on "Yes," compared to five "Yes" tracks beating out their
counterparts on "Very." The "winners" were:

   * "Can You Forgive Her?" (Very)
   * "I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind of Thing" (Very)
   * "Liberation" (Very)
   * "Did You See Me Coming?" (Yes)
   * "Dreaming of the Queen" (Very)
   * "Yesterday, When I Was Mad" (Very)
   * "The Theatre" (Very)
   * "King of Rome" (Yes)
   * "Pandemonium" (Yes)
   * "The Way It Used to Be" (Yes)
   * "This Used to Be the Future" (Yes etc.)
   * "Go West/Postscript" (Very)

* And in the overall comparison of "Very" and "Yes," "Very" came out on top,
with 62.9% of the vote.

To see the complete, detailed, song-by-song results, please visit my
"Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Past
Survey Results" button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead asks you to rate the music video for the new
single "Did You See Me Coming?" on a scale of 0 to 6 as it compares to other
PSB music videos, with 0 meaning "the worst PSB music video ever," 3 meaning
"an average PSB music video," and 6 meaning "the best PSB music video ever."
So please take a moment to register your rating right there on my home page.
And thanks to the site visitors who wrote to suggest this poll (or one very
much like it) -- which, to be honest, I had already been planning on running
anyway. ;-)

Thanks so much to everyone who voted in this past week's survey! And I hope
you all have a marvelous week ahead!