[Introspective] Final results of ratings poll for songs from "Yes"

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat May 9 22:11:47 PDT 2009

site visitors to rate each of the songs on the Pet Shop Boy's new album
"Yes" on a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 meaning "one of the worst PSB songs
ever" and 10 meaning "one of their very best." And the song that received
the highest average rating was:

* "The Way It Used to Be," which had a final average rating of 8.727.

This average is also high enough to put "The Way It Used to Be" all the way
up to second place in my ongoing "Rating Project," behind only "Being
Boring" as the most highly rated PSB song, at least as judged by my site
visitors! To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
button in my left navigation bar. And, while you're there, please be sure to
check out how the "Yes" songs fell among the overall "Rating Project"
results, which can be accessed by various handy links, including one on my
"Extras" page.

Meanwhile, my new poll for the week ahead looks back at the history of Pet
Shop Boys singles. Which PSB single is, in your opinion, their most
"atypical"? In other words, which one is the least "PSB-ish"? Thanks so much
to Vinothraj "Vince" Jeyachandran for suggesting this question quite some
time ago. (My apologies for taking so long to get to it!)

And thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I wish you all a
wonderful week ahead!