[Introspective] Final results of poll on expectations for new PSB album

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 24 22:07:40 PST 2009

The final results are in for my poll this past week in which I asked my site
visitors about their general expectations about the quality of the upcoming
new Pet Shop Boys album "Yes." And the response that received the largest
number of votes was:

* "I expect it will be very good -- one of their best, though almost
certainly not *the* best," selected by 30.9% of the voters.

button in the left navigation bar.

Personally, I think my new poll for the week ahead is one of the toughest
I've ever run. Quite some time ago I ran a poll asking my site visitors to
pick the song in which they felt Neil gave his greatest vocal performance.
asking about the song in which voters felt Chris's musical talents were most
clearly on display. I put this off for a long time, not only because it
would be an unusually long and complex poll to create, but also because I
found it an extremely difficult question to answer for myself. I finally
overcame my difficulty by setting up the poll to allow us to pick up to five
songs rather than just one.

At any rate, that's the question this week: In which PSB songs do you think
Chris's musical talents are most clearly on display. And, yes, you can
choose up to five (although you can pick fewer than that if you wish). So
please take a few minutes to mull this over and, when you're ready, make
your choices right there on my home page. And thanks to Bogwoppit for
suggesting this question! (I'm sure we're up to the challenge! ;-)

By the way, because of the size and complexity of this poll, it more than
quadrupled the size of my home page! So please don't be surprised if it
takes a little additional time to load my home page this week.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope
you all have a marvelous week ahead!