[Introspective] Final results of demographic poll on age of PSB fans

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 13 22:16:32 PDT 2008

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which, in an effort to get a demographic "cross-section" of my site visitors and online PSB fans, I asked my site visitors' ages. As it turns out, the age chosen by single largest group of voters was:

* 34 years old, chosen by 8.3% of the voters.

In fact, more than half of the voters were in their 30s, and the average age of voters was 34.2. To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Past Survey Results" button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead asks, if you were to pick three producers -- no more, no fewer -- with whom the Pet Shop Boys haven't previously worked to produce future tracks for them, or perhaps even a whole album, which three would you choose. For your convenience I've provided a selection of 50 prominent contemporary producers (whom the Boys actually *could* pick, as opposed to producers who are deceased, retired, or otherwise essentially inactive). There's also the usual "Somebody else not listed here" option. But you can choose that only once, so you'll still have to pick at least two from the choices offered. Quite a challenge, eh? Let the controversy begin! (Hey, if they were all easy, you'd get bored. ;-)  At any rate, please check out the choices there on my home page and then, when you're ready, make your three selections. Thanks so much to Tan Sam for suggesting this question!

And thanks to everyone who took part in last week's survey! I hope you all have a delightful week ahead!