[Introspective] Final results of poll on PSB writing a song for Girls Aloud

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 18 22:06:51 PDT 2008

site visitors how they feel about the Pet Shop Boys having co-written a new
song, "The Loving Kind," for the next Girls Aloud album, scheduled for
release in November. And the response that received the most votes was:

* "I think it's terrific news!" chosen by 23.5% of the voters.

As it turns out, this proved to be an unusually tight race, with no fewer
than four of the seven choices each spending some time in first place over
the past 72 hours and fewer than four percentage points separating those top
four in the final tally. To see the complete results, please visit my
"Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Past
Survey Results" button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead isn't really a "PSB poll" at all, but it does
of course concern my site visitors, who are all -- or at least nearly all --
PSB fans. It's one of my occasional "demographic" surveys, attempting to get
a "cross-sectional glimpse" of online PSB fandom. This time I'm wondering
how you're planning to vote -- or if you can't vote, how you would if you
could -- in the upcoming U.S. Presidential election. So please take a moment
to make your choice right there on my home page. And thanks so much to John
M. from SoCal for being the first to propose this poll, although two others
subsequently suggested it as well.

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I hope you all
have a marvelous week ahead!