[Introspective] Final results of poll on songs to cut and add to Fundamental

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 22 22:11:42 PDT 2008

site visitors which track they would delete from the Pet Shop Boys' most
recent studio album "Fundamental" (assuming they *had* to delete one) and
which of the associated b-sides or bonus tracks they would pick to replace
it. And the songs that received the largest number of votes were:

* "Twentieth Century," selected by 20.8% of the voters as the track they
would delete, and

* "Fugitive," chosen by a whopping 46.3% as the song they would add to the
album.

If you'd like to see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary"
site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Past Survey
Results" button in the left navigation bar.

This brings to an end this series of polls on songs to cut and add to the
Boys' studio albums. And so my new poll for the week ahead asks a somewhat
different sort of question. (About time, eh? ;-) I'm wondering which
album(s) have, in your opinion, the best or strongest opening and closing
tracks. Now, you shouldn't necessarily choose the songs that happen to be
your favorites. Rather, please pick the songs that, as far as you're
concerned, "do the best job" specifically at opening or closing the album
in question. And thanks to Gilles for suggesting this terrific question!

At the same time, thanks to everyone for voting in last week's survey, as
well as in all of the surveys in this series over the past few weeks. I
hope it's been as fun and interesting for you as it has been for me. I wish
you all of you who observe the holiday a very Happy Easter, and to everyone
a delightful week ahead!