[Introspective] what's wrong with Twentieth Century?

J/Thayer joda at panix.com
Fri Mar 21 08:37:52 PDT 2008

> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:24:35 +0100
> From: "Gilles G." <gilles.gen at gmail.com>
>
> 2008/3/18, Paolo Bientinesi <pauldj at cs.utexas.edu>:
>
>> How come one person in five wants to ditch this song?
>
> I wonder too. One of my favourites on Fundamental.
> These polls truly reveal strange choices, last week Love is a catastrophe,
> now this...
> Oooh well.

I'm so glad to hear other people defending "Twentieth Century"!  It happens
to be one of my favorite PSB tracks of all.  It's sweet, and funny, and in
perfect keeping with the theme of Fundamental, the political as personal.
One of my favorte PSB "couplets" too:

    Stay with me
    this century

And the sound is so electro-groovy!

A little late for me to be making a case for it now, but.

This poll was the most impossible one.  I feel Fundamental is PSB's first
truly cohesive album.  But to make the effort, I figured we could afford to
set "God willing" aside, and could make room for the grave-haunting
"Resurrectionist".  That one resonates nicely with "Psychological", and the
album art outfits, too.

-Jonathan