[Introspective] Final results of poll on songs to cut and add to "Nightlife"

Andreas Sikkema ramdyne at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 9 05:20:47 PDT 2008

On Mar 9, 2008, at 7:11 AM, psbfan wrote:

> The final results are in for my poll this past week, in which I
> asked my
> site visitors to choose which song they would most wish to delete
> (if they
> *had* to pick one) from the Pet Shop Boys' album "Nightlife," and
> which of
> the associated single b-sides they would pick to replace it on the
> album.
> And the songs selected by the most voters were:
>
> * "Boy Strange," chosen by 22.8% of the voters as the song they'd
> cut, and
>
> * "The Ghost of Myself," selected by 33.1% as the song they would add.

So in general we can summarize these poll results as:
"The average opinion of the Pet Shop Boys fan is to replace any
musically
interesting song with a simple generic Pet Shop Boys song"

Why am I not surprised? Thank god these things are not decided by asking
a panel of potential customers which songs they would like on an album.

--
Andreas Sikkema
Who ranks Boy Strange among the best songs on Nightlife _because_ it is