[Introspective] Final results of "biggest obstacle to greater success" poll

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 22 13:05:44 CST 2008

site visitors what they consider to be the single biggest obstacle or
impediment to the Pet Shop Boys enjoying greater commercial success than
they do. And the choice that received the largest number of votes was:

*The fact that they're perceived as an 'eighties band,'" picked by 20.8% of
the voters.

That one just barely edged out the choice that came in second place. To see
the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead asks you to pretend that the Pet Shop Boys
have tapped you to co-produce some imaginary future album. They've already
decided on the premise of the album: songs that one or both of them have
written or co-written in years past but which they have never officially
released (at least not on disc) in a "PSB version." They've given you a list
of 40 to choose from and ask you to pick 12 of them to be on the album.
They'll record a new version of any of the songs you pick if they deem it
appropriate. So which 12 would you pick? (Yes, you must pick 12 -- no more
and no less -- although the final option in the list is "One other song not
listed here," so if you like you can pick 11 of the songs listed and then
that "other" option.) So please check out the list right there on my home
page, mull it over, and then make your choices.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
wish you all a perfectly delightful week ahead!