[Introspective] "Yes", not "Outstanding" / MGMT Remixes / "Love's a mystery"

J/Thayer joda at panix.com
Wed Dec 24 07:18:10 PST 2008

> 1. Poll on the first letter of the new album's title ends early
>    Posted by: "Wayne Studer" geowayne at earthlink.net waynestuder
>    Date: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:09 pm ((PST))
>
> Hey there! As most (if not all) of you know by now, the Pet Shop Boys
> have announced the title of their next album: "Yes."

[1] I didn't get to their site yesterday, so this is actually my first
hearing of it!  "Y" is a nice letter, and "Yes" is a nice title.  Makes me
think of Yoko Ono and her work and how she met John Lennon.  "Outstanding"
didn't seem like a great title, but I did assume the x-mas card was a
tip-off, and that maybe the album was going to be made up of songs they had
written over the years and somehow never got around to producing.  (On that
premise, I was hoping to finally see a release of "You've got to start
somewhere".)

[2] Make sure you guys don't miss the tasty remixes they put up lately--in
Product/Exclusive tracks--of the MGMT song "Kids".  If "Yes" is arranged and
produced as nicely as these (and "German film star"), I am going to love it.

[3] I've been listening this season to "Love's a mystery" off Pretenders'
new album, and it keeps sounding like a song Neil Tennant could have
written.  Tell me if you agree.  If they are fans, they should cover it
sometime!

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to those partaking,

-Jonathan