[Introspective] Final results of poll on being tired of WEG on the radio

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 16 22:32:49 PDT 2008

site visitors whether they were tired of "West End Girls" being played on
the radio -- especially if they (like me) lived in a place where it seems
that's the only Pet Shop Boys song that gets radio airplay anymore. And the
choice that received the largest number of votes was:

* "No -- I hardly ever hear 'West End Girls' on the radio," chosen by 23.7%
of the voters.

In fact, a little more than 60% of the voters chose one of the "No" options,
indicating they weren't tired of hearing WEG on the radio, for whatever
reason. To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead embraces every song ever recorded by the Pet
Shop Boys. In short, which PSB song has, in your opinion, the best "intro"?
(I personally define "intro" as the instrumental portion leading up to the
start of the vocal, or at least the first few seconds of the song, but I'll
leave it to you to define it for yourself however you see fit.) Please mull
this over and, when you're ready, make your choice right there on my home
page. And thanks so much to Jeff Bartini for suggesting this question!

Thanks also to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all
have a fantastic week ahead!