[Introspective] Final results of poll on the Boys' comparative contributions

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 2 22:09:29 PDT 2008

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors about the comparative contributions of Chris and Neil to
various aspects of the Pet Shop Boys, their music, and their success. And
the choices that received the largest number of votes in each area were:

* Melodies - 61.2% said that the Chris and Neil were equally responsible.

* Lyrics - 61.2% felt that Neil is almost totally responsible.

* Musical arrangements - 45.7% believe that they're equally responsible.

* Art - 57.8% said that, again, the Boys are equally responsible.

* Intellect - 46.6% believe that Neil is more responsible than Chris.

* Style/image - 63.4% said that they're equally responsible.

* Pop sensibilities - 57.8% believe once again that they're equally
responsible.

* Excitement - 58.2% consider them equally responsible.

* Danceability - 57.8% said that Chris is more responsible than Neil.

* Technical savvy - 55.2% felt that, again, Chris is more responsible than
Neil.

* Business acumen - It's a tie, with 44.4% believing that they're equally
responsible and another 44.4% considering Neil more responsible.

* Fun/humor - 68.1% hold that the Boys are equally responsible.

It's interesting to note that in fully 9 out of 12 cases (three-quarters of
them) a majority -- not just a plurality -- agreed.

button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is, as I say on my home page, "a little
silly, a little scary, and hopefully a little fun." What if Neil and Chris
had never met by chance and therefore never become Pet Shop Boys? Into what
fields do you think their careers would ultimately have settled? What would
they would each be doing for a living today? Please mull this one over and
then make your choices -- one for Neil and one for Chris -- right there on
my home page. And thanks to Bogwoppit for suggesting this delightful
question!

Thanks also to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all
have a marvelous week ahead!