[Introspective] Final results of poll on Disco-Tex....

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat May 19 22:18:06 PDT 2007

site visitors how familiar they are with Disco-Tex and the Sex-o-lettes,
who are repeatedly mentioned in the Pet Shop Boys' song "Electricity." And
the majority said:

* "I'd never heard of them before 'Electricity,' and I still don't know
much of anything about them," the option selected by 61.3% of the voters.

This is one of those very rare occurrences when an actual majority (as
opposed to a simply plurality) came out on top, so to speak. To see the
complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is based on some suggestions related to the
current PSB tour made recently to me by my longtime site visitor Gilles.
I've listed the 13 songs that the Pet Shop Boys have performed most often
in concert, all of which they've performed on at least some (and in many
cases, all) of the dates on the current tour. But if it were up to you to
choose up to three of these songs for them *not* to perform on their next
tour -- assuming, of course, that they would perform up to three other
songs that you would prefer in their place -- which songs would you
temporarily "banish" in this way? Thanks, Gilles, for inspiring this
question!

And thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I hope you all have
a terrific week ahead!