[Introspective] Final results of poll on the "quintessential" PSB song

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 31 22:15:31 PDT 2007

site visitors to select the "quintessential" Pet Shop Boys song -- not
necessarily the "best" song, but the one that best represents or
characterizes them, that conveys their "essence," if you will, especially
for someone who may not be familiar with them. And the song that received
the most votes was:

* "West End Girls," with 21.3% of the total vote.

WEG led pretty much all week, although "Left to My Own Devices" staged a
strong surge and very briefly took the lead (for only a few hours)
mid-week. To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" page at
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Survey Results" button
in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead asks you to select the *five* of their songs
that the Boys have never performed live in concert (as far as I know) that
you would most like for them to perform live. I should credit "mole973102"
of the Pet Shop Boys Community Forum for suggesting, in an eerie act of
seeming telepathy and/or precognition, this very question -- two days after
I had already created this poll and set it aside in preparation for this
week! It's enough to make you wonder. At any rate, when you get the chance,
please make your five selections (no more, no less) from the choices
provided right there on my home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have
a wonderful week ahead -- and that nobody makes an April Fool of you --
that is, unless you really want them to. ;-)