[Introspective] Richard Bareback/Fred The Mouse

Aloysius Fairbanks cedric.hawksworth at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 22:29:44 PDT 2007

Jeff just called.  <again!>  He's put me to task replying to Fred the
Mouse's blather (albeit intelligent blather - unlike Lydia's chopped up
English blather).  I think I'm going to have to ask Mr. Durst for an
increase in my salary.

I must confirm that nastiness toward Mr. Durst is what brought him out of
retirement.  He states that he's lost interest in most things PSB (yet
remains privy to the rarest of releases and maintains his position as a
member of the Pethead elite), but couldn't resist the obvious clamouring for
his return.  People get what they ask for.  <shrugs fuzzy shoulders>

In regard to Dr. Studer, Jeff Durst has issued the following (AND FINAL)
statement relating to his longtime friend:

"In my many years online, I have yet to meet anybody as genuine as Wayne
Studer.  I have the greatest possible respect for him as a person and he is,
with great certainty, one of only two Petheads I would consider a "friend."
Our online dynamic is not a matter for others to scrutinise or question.
Think of me, or the character I present, however you please - everybody here
knows that the opinion of the online PSB community is as significant to me
as a pitcher of warm piss.  However, I must stress that my being a frequent
contributor to Dr. Studer's site should be immaterial when it comes to your
opinions of him or enjoying his very worthwhile, informative website.  This
is no longer a matter for discussion."

He went on to say:

"Fred Maus is back to his "Durst causes pain" line of crap.  You'd think
that somebody with as much knowledge of music as he would have a different
tune by now (then again, I've read some of those yawn-fest papers he's
written).  What's said online should be taken with a grain of salt.  When
people experience genuine pain as a result of something like a mailing list,
then they've got some serious problems and need to toughen up.  Fred the
Mouse says that "it's best not to care too much, emotionally."  He's right.
So why isn't he following his own advice and placing so much stock in all of
this supposed "pain" I've caused.  Has anybody been hurt through my words or
actions?  No.  Grow up Maus - start acting like a credit to Oxford, not
Antioch."

Heil Durst!

/af