[Introspective] Another old-timer reporting in!

Christian . cjr421 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 19 07:50:58 PDT 2007

And yet another old timer reporting in here as well.  I know I've been a
member of this list since the mid maybe early '90s.  I do remember meeting
you, Andrew, and a bunch of others at this pub near Wembley for the PSB
Nightlife tour.  It's good to see other familiar faces chiming in on here
like Johan, derekbd (greetings to another Texas member!), TheGardner, etc.

As an aside, I too remember all the headache that JD caused on here.  Altho
I do remember him making an offer of doing some CD-Rs for people of some
rare stuff (and then subsequently posting it in a Yahoo group he created).
Oddly enough, I retained that email.  This was the list and what he had to
say in the posting:

I've obtained a set of those Metropolis Mastering CDs which suddenly
appeared in Lazlo's Discography (www.psb-discography.com) a few months ago.
Each contains official unreleased mixes/edits for the following songs:

A Red Letter Day
Absolutely Fabulous
Before
Break 4 Love
Can You Forgive Her?
Discoteca
I Don't Know What You Want...
London
New York City Boy
Paninaro '95
Saturday Night Forever
Se a vida e
Somewhere
The Boy Who Couldn't Keep His Clothes On
To Step Aside
Yesterday, When I Was Mad
You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You're Drunk

I've also laid my greedy little mohair paws on the rest of that demo CD
which featured "Motoring" and "Only Love."

Did anyone ever get these special edits/mixes?

chris