[Introspective] Seriously PSB: The musical (Edinburgh)

Andrew andrew at wonderful-electric.co.uk
Sun Aug 12 16:36:45 PDT 2007

Hello!

Whilst I was in Edinburgh, I spotted something called Seriously Pet Shop
Boys playing at the Edinburgh Festival, and just had to go along.

It's an Australian production - 4 violinists and a piano with five singers
re-interpreting Pet Shop Boys songs (mostly modern album tracks, and some
stuff from Liza Minelli's Results), turning the various songs into two
plotlines, one surrounding two men falling in love and another
male-female-male love triangle. There's some really fantastic merging of
various songs - especially I Don't Know What You Want... and You Only Tell
Me You Love Me When You're Drunk, and the singing is (of course) fantastic.
Highly recommended if you happen to be in Edinburgh this month! (
www.seriouslypsb.com)

There was one song I heard that I had no idea where it came from though - it
seemed to quote various showtunes and the chorus was "I hate Showtunes!" -
is this a PSB song or someone else?

Just wondering!

Andrew