[Introspective] Final results of poll on "Fugitive" being about terrorists

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 14 22:19:54 PDT 2007

site visitors whether they thought that the Pet Shop Boys' song "Fugitive"
is about terrorists or at least is written from the imagined perspective of
someone closely associated with terrorists. And the response that received
the most votes was:

* "Yes, I do, but it doesn't bother me in the least," with 46.7% of the
votes.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Survey Results" button
in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is a continuation of my ongoing "Rating
Project," in which I ask you to rate several relatively recent Pet Shop
Boys songs on a scale of 0 to 10 as to how they compare with other PSB
songs, with 0 meaning "one of the worst they've ever done," 5 meaning
"average for the Pet Shop Boys," and 10 meaning "one of the very best
they've ever done." There's only five songs in this round of the Rating
Project: "Blue on Blue," "Bright Young Things," "Party Song," the Boys'
recent collaboration with Robbie Williams "She's Madonna," and Neil's
collaboration with Superchumbo, "Tranquilizer." (There's an "Abstain"
option in case you're not familiar with some of these tracks.) So mull this
over and, when you're ready, please make your ratings choices right there
on my home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in this past week's survey! And I hope you all
have a most excellent week ahead!