[Introspective] The inevitable DC 10/15/06 reply

A.C. R actuali at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 18 20:43:49 PDT 2006

Adam, I totally get it if you're disappointed with the PSB show. Some will
like it more than others and some less. It's natural. But there's one theme
I want to address: the goddamn Performance Tour worship. A lot of fans just
worship that tour. It was not their best tour, and they most certainly have
topped it during subsequent tours. It was their most theatrical, very
operatic; their most elegant, and visually artistic. But it was not their
best tour. Discovery looked like more fun, to me.

While I was stunned by the beauty and creativity of Performance back in
1991, I didn't lock the PSB into that kind of show. When they returned here
to the states in 1999 with the Nightlife Tour, they blew the Performance
tour away, from an audience enjoyment perspective. Their Hammerstein
Ballroom shows in NYC on that tour are just legendary. I was there, and I've
never experienced such a concert high. They blew the f**king roof off the
place, and they gave us in the audience a party like the Performance tour
never could. Nightlife saw their most fun opening (For your own good/West
end girls), and how about that legendary "Young offenger" secon half
opening? I mean, come on, people!

And don't go complaining about the Release tour, because there was something
so special about that tour that I'll just go nuts if anyone complains about
it. If all the rest of their tours were like the Release tour, I wouldn't
have a problem.

As for the Fundamental tour, I'd say it's at least as good as the Somewhere
shows, and possibly more.

-Ali