[Introspective] Fugitive/New Order

hjs15 at columbia.edu hjs15 at columbia.edu
Thu Jun 15 12:25:02 PDT 2006

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:39:53 -0400
> From: "A.C. R" <actuali at hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Introspective] Fugitive/New Order
> To: davee at sungate.co.uk
> Cc: introspective at tcp.com
>
> <<I don't understand this statement: what do you mean that
> Fugitive "is
> completely slagging off" New Order/Electronic?>>
>
> My fault, entirely. I actually didn't mean "slagging off" --
> they're just
> the words that came out at the time. I meant that "Fugitive" is
> nicked from
> New Order, that's it's ripping off New Order, as it sounds too
> much like a
> New Order song (so does the ending to "Minimal," by the way).
>
> -Ali

I have felt this, too, but not in any negative way.  The only reason
the end of Minimal sounds new order-y is because of that bass guitar
line that comes in at the end.  It definitely sounds a lot like
Peter Hook in the studio, even though the credits for bass go to (I
think) Trevor Horn.  Definitely a Hooky-esque bassline, though.
Since my youth, New Order and PSB have been my two favorite acts
(just think of my reaction when I learned about the first
Electronic album back in 1991)and I have never had a problem with
their influencing one another's work.

-Hugh